3D Coaching Coaching at another level!
Posted: 22nd April 2019
3 Dimensional Coaching Model-Capturing the Heart Behind the Jersey!
A few weeks ago I was fortunate to catch up with a former Brisbane Lions Triple Premiership AFL Player, Norm Smith Medallist, Gold Coast Suns Head of Development and Strongman Camp Guest Coach Shaun Hart along with Tim Searl who were presenting a seminar on The 3D Coaching Model.
The 3D Coaching Model proposes that the following 3 Dimensions are required for a coach and to maximise their influence and ultimately experience more success and longevity as a coach, but more importantly allow athletes to achieve fulfilment and their full potential.
1st Dimension Fundamentals (Body-Physicality)
4. Cardiovascular Development
2nd Dimension Psychology (Body/Mind-Dualism)
4. Team Cohesion
5. Goal Setting
3rd Dimension Heart (Body/Mind/Spirit-Holism)
So what results are expected when using the 3D Coaching Model and “Capturing Heart Behind the Jersey”?
1. Learn skills quicker
2. Higher fitness compliance; work harder
3. Shorter rehab time; recover quicker from injuries
4. More adaptable to new conditions
5. Freedom to be creative
6. Deeper relationships
7. Learn life lessons through sport
8. Motivate athletes from within
9. Build Confidence
10. Discover the formula for Team Cohesion
11. Establish Plan to cultivate Character
12. Develop strategies to harness emotions
“When we recognise that people are three dimensional beings, then not to coach them in all 3 dimensions is, by definition, to not help them become the best athletes they can be.” Mark Hull, 3D Coaching Institute
(1) Duke J. 3D Coach-Capturing the Heart Behind the Jersey! 2014